The Library Facility
The Library & Information Commons is located on the first floor of the East Greenwich facility. and features:
● 6 group study/meeting rooms,
● 2 of the group/meeting rooms have media:scape high-tech collaborative equipment,
● Library Instruction Classroom/Learnlab with 28 computers which is also an open lab,
● 48 additional computers throughout the library,
● Wireless Internet throughout the Library as well as study desks with power outlets,
● Copy Room with 2 scanner/ printer/ copiers,
● Book display area with lounge seating,
● Journals area with lounge seating,
● Media room with a TV/DVD and TV/VCR,
● Open floor plan with low shelving,
● Feinstein Enriching America office,
● Faculty Resource Center,
● Online Student Success office,
● Variety of seating: carrels, tables, lounge chairs, sofas.
Library's Computer Stations
There are 48 VDI Computers in the Library Commons area and 24 Computers in the Library Classroom (S105J) (with Windows 7 Enterprise, 21.5”LCD widescreen) throughout the library. They are equipped with Microsoft Office 2013 and 3 Internet browsers; IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome. [9/17]
● 2 Scanner/ Printer/ Copiers are located in the Copy Room (S105T). One prints black/ white and the other color. Both enlarge and reduce.
● Technology Plans 2015-2017 [2/15] [9/17]
● An overnight BOOK DROP slot is conveniently located at the Library entrance.
The book drop is available for returning materials when the Library is closed and during hours when the campus is open.
Rev. 2017.02.21/ jh